Latitude Management Real Estate Investors, Inc. (“LMREI”) is a real estate fund manager that originates, invests in, and manages commercial real estate loans, securities and value-add real estate assets throughout the United States and Canada. Specific investments include first mortgages, secured debt, mezzanine debt, distressed debt, equity and highly rated (AAA through A+) real estate secured securities. LMREI is a fiduciary and maintains a strong alignment of interest with its investors through meaningful co-investment in all of its funds.
The senior management of LMREI has invested and managed over $6 billion in real estate assets, distressed loans and securities since 1994, through multiple funds and single asset transactions. Senior management has over 70 years of commercial real estate experience, including the direct oversight of the Mountain AMD portfolio, one of only two previous Public-Private Investment Partnerships formed with the FDIC in 1994. This fund successfully achieved returns of approximately 40% to its investors. Currently, LMREI manages over $2 billion of discretionary capital through four funds - Legg Mason Real Estate Capital ("LMREC"), LMREC II, Chesapeake, and Chesapeake II.
The LMREI team has a broad and deep resume as a lender, borrower, principal and bondholder over the past 15 years. LMREI’s unique background and core understanding of real estate collateral's strengths and weaknesses gives LMREI valuable perspective from “all of the seats at the negotiating table.” This experience is imperative in the current market where loan modification, restructuring, foreclosure and litigation are necessary components of successful asset management. In fact, the principals of LMREI have restructured, modified or foreclosed on over $2 billion in real estate loans and securities in the last downturn on the early 1990’s and have successfully restructured over $450 million of its first mortgage and mezzanine debt portfolio in the past 12 months.
Today, LMREI continues to focus on value-add multifamily, office, retail, industrial and other commercial real estate assets located in primary and secondary markets throughout the United States and Canada. LMREI executes transactions in a timely, professional, and responsive manner, providing clients with the flexibility to meet their investment objectives.
- We hold all of our investments on our balance sheet and take a partnership approach to the asset management of our portfolio.
- We value our relationships. Our repeat business is due to certainty of execution, flexibility, and exceptional service before and after closing.
- We operate out of a single office. Consolidated operations allow for unrivaled responsiveness and expedited investment committee approval.
- We understand real estate transactions from all sides. Members of our investment committee have been on all sides of the negotiating table.
- We are well rounded real estate professionals. The managers of our funds have diverse backgrounds in real estate law, securitization, asset management, and operations